Comment on page
Quick Start Guide 🏃
The below video is recorded using Picky Assist 1.0 and user experience and links are different in Picky Assist 2.0 platform so kindly make use of the direct link to access the developer's settings https://pickyassist.com/app/settings/developers
0:00 WhatsApp API Integration Guide 0:35 How Webhook Works to Receive WhatsApp Messages 0:50 Setting Up WhatsApp Webhook to Receive Incoming WhatsApp Messages 7:03 Using the WhatsApp Push API to Send Messages Out 9:21 Using Postman Collection for Testing WhatsApp API 12:08 Checking WhatsApp Sent Report & Status
Webhook & API support only POST method & both make use of JSON format, no header-based authentication required, and pass the API token
tokenvariable in the body.
Webhook is responsible to handle the incoming messages to your application. When a new message arrives in the channel connected by you then the message details will be pushed to your web server instantly.
message-inthis variable holds the message contents and this is URL encoded, so you need to decode the same. You can also get the raw i.e URL not coded value from
- 2.👉 We use the POST method to push messages to your server and the payload format is JSON.
Instant Reply - if you would like to give an instant reply back to the user whenever you receive an incoming message then give your reply message in JSON format as a response to the webhook (like giving acknowledgment ) This method is highly recommended for all those who want to give an instant reply back without calling another Push API
- 1.The recipient's mobile number must be passed with the country code without 0 or +
- 2.Supports only the POST method and the payload format should be in JSON
- 4.If you would like to send media files then please upload your media to a public URL and pass the link to download through
media-urlvariable. Please note the URL should not redirect to another page/server.
- 1.For WhatsApp Official & Cloud API make sure you have a valid session to the recipient's mobile number before sending a message, if there is no valid session then you need to make use of approved template messages
- 2.WhatsApp Official & Cloud API new numbers must go through a warm-up process i.e by default all new numbers are allowed to send messages only to 1000 users in 24 hours window this will gradually increase when you send messages to more users. This is not applicable to WhatsApp session messages. Read More
- 3.For Facebook messenger, you need to make use of the subscriber's unique id to send a message.
- 1.For WhatsApp Web Automation you must make sure that you have connected an existing WhatsApp number by scanning the QR code with Picky Assist.
- 2.Once the WhatsApp Server is enabled you need to scan your existing WhatsApp Web QR code with our Server, once it's connected your will not able to use the WhatsApp Web further in your Desktop
- 3.WhatsApp Web Automation Service supports sending and receiving all types of message content except the WhatsApp Interactive Buttons, List Menu
All the API requests to any endpoints are rate limited to 90 requests per minute from one project, if we are getting more than 90 requests per minute then you will receive an error "429" and those messages or requests will be dropped in our firewall level and won't be showing in your Picky Assist Platform
The Admin will also receive an email notification with the Subject "Urgent Rate Limit Reached - Picky Assist" whenever we throttle your request because of the rate limit. Kindly note that in order to avoid cluttering your email inbox we will send emails once in every 30 minutes only even if we drop your message continuously.